Weather strip for Peachtree double entry doors

A quick learner says:
I have a peachtree front door. One 32" side swings open on a regular basis. The other side by releasing latches will open. This door is rarely swung open. At the center of these two doors is a weatherstrip that has an adhesive on the back side that holds it to the stationary door. Would you have a replacement for this weatherstrip?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We may have something, but it depends on a few factors. Can you tell me the size of this weatherseal? Knowing the height of the pile would be especially helpful. Can you also show me a picture of it?
A contractor from Aiken, SC says:
I would say the cross section of the insulation is about 1/2" square. It is encased in a cover, (like the common door insulation weather strip you see at Lowes or Home Depot). It is probably a foam inside the encasing material. It is held to the center post with an adhesive backing.

I don't have a picture but I may be able to take one.

John K
Profile picture of Tom
A picture would be a huge help. I'm having trouble visualizing it. We will specifically need to see it from its end profile.
A contractor from Aiken, SC says:
Attached is a picture of the cross section of the weather strip I am searching for. I have pulled it away from the center strip it was attached to and turned it 90 degrees toward me. The white strip at the top of the picture is the adhesive strip that hold the WS to the door's center strip.

The cross section looks similar to the WS that is sold in many stores, but mine is attached with an adhesive instead of with a tab in the slot of the door frame.
weatherseal
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, perfect. See our 58-180, which has a similar shape to yours and an adhesive base to boot. This may work for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.