SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Weather stripping

A quick learner from Pine Beach,NJ says:
I cant find any markings on these pieces I need 16 pieces 60" long
A quick learner from Pine Beach,NJ says:
MORE INFO NEEDED = An expert has requested pictures or measurements of your hardware.Hope these pics help. They are of the screen that the weather striping gos on
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 58-185. I believe this is worth considering.
A quick learner says:
Ordered two 58-185. They seem to be the right one but having a hard time installing can you give me some tips. Do they come in longer lengths I lose a foot from each pice
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
There are two ways to replace this weather strip. What I do (I believe this way is the easiest), is to take a set of long nose pliers and bend the wool pile groove at the corner of the screen. Flare out the groove with your pliers so that you can slide in the new pile. After it's installed, bend the groove back in place.

The other way would be to remove the top rail off of the screen and slide it in that way. Either way will work, but be careful not to damage your screen wire or screen frame.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)