SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Weather stripping

A handy person from Fairport, ny says:
I have French doors from my kitchen to deck where not only is the weather stripping torn the seal attached to the bottom of the door is torn as well. There are no marks on the door frame, but the window reads:

ANSI z97.1-1984
Sgcc 1576 3/16
16 cfr 1201 II
mm 7 13 96

Any input is appreciated,
User submitted a photo of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
This looks like the kerf seal in our 58-008 kit, though I'm afraid it's not available by itself. Do you think you could use the 58-056, as well? Look them over carefully to confirm.
A handy person from Fairport ny says:
Dave, thanks for the response.

Does that mean that I cannot order the 81" compression seal from the 58-008 kit?
That seal looks closest to what I have than anything else I have found.

I've included a picture of the bottom seal for you to look at. Let me know if you have anything similar. The door is 1 3/4" thick.
User submitted photos of a door sweep.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You can order the 58-008 kit if you want, but it comes with three different kind of seals. You could always just put aside the seals you don't need! Just make sure the kerf, at least, matches yours.
Profile view of compression piece

As for the bottom sweep, I'm not sure if we have an exact match. I'm not sure how it's held in, but I assume it is using one or two inserts. Those are always tricky to match up, so you may want to consider our 58-176. This just wraps around the bottom of the door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)