SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Weather stripping for Church doors

A quick learner from Nebraska says:
My Parish in Nebraska has two sets of Kawneer glass doors at the church entrance. However, there is no model number or other identification numbers anywhere on the doors. I took some pictures in hopes that someone could help me figure out what would be the proper weather stripping to order. The weather stripping is worn and missing in places.

Take a look at the pictures and let me know if anyone has any idea on what I should order.

User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Christine. Please take a look at our 58-085 Commercial Door Weatherstrip. Could this be a good fit for you? Take a look and let me know what you think.
A quick learner from Doniphan, NE says:
It looks the same except it is in one long piece. What we have is two pieces on each door. The locking mechanism is between the two pieces (see middle photo above). Would we just need to cut it to the length we need? Or is there something else you would recommend? We don't care for the gap at the locking mechanism. I'm assuming you would recommend just purchasing some sticky back weather stripping to put in that area.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We don't have the 58-085 in two pieces like you've described, but you can just cut it to fit.

As for the gap in the plate, I don't think you need a sticky pile. Our 79-029 comes with a strip already attached. Could you use something like that?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)