SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Weather stripping insulation for a peachtree casement window

A home owner from Conshohocken Pa says:
would your part #55-106-6 work on these windows? It is the only part that looks exactly the same.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It could! I don't know what you have installed, currently, so I can't say for sure. When you matched its dimensions up to your own sample, how did they compare? If they differed in any way, let me know exactly how.
A home owner from conshohocken Pa says:
Tom, your product looks exactly the same. T he 3' length would fit it fine, but would like to have a back up piece because there are 3 such casement windows. The house was built in 1986 and this insulation was updated with Peachtree about 6 or 7 years ago. Do you recommend buying 3 smaller pieces or the longer piece? At this time only 1 section is bad.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's up to you. I'm not sure what condition your other sections are in, so I can't really judge how long their current lifespan is. It's never a bad idea to have extra weatherseal on hand just in case, but if worse comes to worse you can always get more.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)