WeatherSshield Awning operator

A professional from Ashland, OR says:
Hi there:
Weathershield awning operator with stripped gear - Truth brand. It looks like your 39-143 would work as a replacement but W/S has a unique color which looks to be "Champagne" color. My question is does your 39-143 have a removable cover? If so I may have to go to W/S to see about a replacement directly from them.

Each arm of the operator is 6" long so when closed the distance looks to be 12" overall (can't measure when the window is closed). Also the existing operator is somewhat buried in a "bull nose" plaster finish (no trim). Not sure your 39-143 would work without having to do something to the plaster which I don't want to do
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the cover for the 39-143 cannot be removed. It is also not made in champagne. Are you sure this is what you have? If not, show us a picture of yours out of the window. We may be able to find a good match then.
A professional from Ashland, OR says:
After another visit to the window in question it looks like your 39-140 operator might be the correct size. The existing is a Truth operator and the window is a early 1996 vintage and Weathershield has nothing in their stock that will work. I'm enclosing a couple of pictures and maybe they will help. As you can see the room side of the operator is buried in a plaster type trim - weird.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Looks like your operator has been buried into the bottom sill in the window frame. Take a look at our video on casement operator replacement for wood casement windows. The hardware in this video is different, but it might give you a good idea of how you can remove the wood sill cover on top of your operator.
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.