Weathershield window crank broken

A handy person from Ocean Isle Beach, NC says:
The window crank mechanism on one of my Weathershield windows has broken. I am the original owner of these sixteen year old windows and hope that you have repair parts available. I can probably dig out the original receipts for the windows if needed, but the photos attached will likely indicate to you exactly what I need.

Can you tell me if you can provide the parts or where I might be able to obtain them. My zip code is 28469.

Thank you.

Len
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Len. This operator looks like our 39-315 operator. Carefully look it over and see what you think. I have no sources in your area, but you can purchase directly from our site.
A quick learner from Ocean Isle Beach, NC says:
Thanks for the reply Dave. All the measurements correspond. My part has the number 31850 on it. Looks like your suggested part will work. My only concern is that the housing for the crank handle is different, i.e. more rounded than mine. Wonder if I can swap my old housing for the new one?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The handle should operate the same way, but if you're concerned you can always use your old one, assuming it's not damaged.
A quick learner from Minnesota says:
For a WeatherShield crank out window. Info on window is WS IGCC CBA 03/IGMAC WS MED. Picture shows what part we need, a square black plastic slide that follows track in window.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I don't see any pictures attached to your post. Could you please try uploading them again? I will then do my best to find a match in our inventory.

SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.