SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Weatherstrip ID

A home owner from USA says:
I have a storm door that I need to replace all of the weather stripping on, but I dont know the brand name of the door nor can I find that information on the door. However, the weather stripping is all "T" shaped and there are two (2) seperate strips running around the entire door, but the two (2) bottom or sweep strips are longer than the rest of the door. The bottom is 1/8" x 1/2" long and all the rest are 1/8" x 1/4" long. The 1/8" measurement is the width of the "T" also all the material is black in color. Do you make material in those sizes?

Thank you

Kevin
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Kevin. We may be able to help you replace this weatherstripping, but I'll need some more information. Could I see a few pictures of what you have? I will need to see its shape, so a picture of its cross-section is essential. Check out the video below to see what I mean.
A home owner from Colorado says:
I wasnt able to take any photos that would come out clear enough to assist you, however I created a drawing which I have attached to this reply. If this doesnt give you enough information I will try to take photo's again. Thanks for your help.
User submitted a diagram of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience. I'm not sure if we have a weatherstripping that matches this exactly. The closest we were able to find was our 58-162 sweep. Could this be something like what you're looking for?
A home owner from Colorado says:
No, the 58-162 will not work because it is "Y" shaped and therefore I dont believe it will fit into the "track" that holds it in place, also I need to replace the weather stripping that goes around the entire door not just the bottom or sweep section. Therefore, I would need approx. 64" of the 1/8" x 9/16" sweep size and 392"(32.67')of the 1/8" x 5/16" in order to do both sides and the top of the door, all of which are "T" shaped not "Y". I have attached another drawing just to show how the weather stripping attachs to the door but only the top and bottom are shown, however it attachs in the same manner to both sides of the door as well.
User submitted a diagram of door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
In that case, you could possibly consider our 10-313 or 10-321, or maybe even the 40-003 for the bottom. But I can't guarantee these could work as substitutes. These are the best matches we have.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)