SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Weathervane casement window hardware

A home owner from Seattle, WA says:
Hey there! Hope you can help. We remodeled our home in 2000 and replaced our windows with Weathervane Vantage CSMNT/AWN Series windows. Regrettably within a year or two Weathervane went out of business and replacement parts have been tough to find. I am currently in need of (4) replacement cranks. I've attached photos illustrating the type of crank and connector I need. All are right-position on the windows.

Note: I provided images with top down views so you can see the crank and arm types required for this window. I also included a couple of macro shots that illustrate the plastic slide that a small metal post at the end of the arm connects to underneath the window. Another supplier was able to provide me the correct replacement crank and arms several years ago, however the small metal post at the end of the arm that connects to the plastic "runner" that slides as the window opens and closes, is smaller than the plastic hole and hence falls out when cranking the window open or close.

If you can bear this in mind when sourcing replacement part, I would like to make sure that the crank and connecting arms all work in unison with the existing hardware (see view of slide and hardware that bolts to the underside of the window) that would be great. If however, you recommend I replace the underside hardware to match the cranks you can provide, I'm open to that option as well.

Let me know if you can help with this request.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 39-253L and 39-253R, as well as our 39-529. I think these might be what you're looking for, but check them out and see what you think.
A quick learner from Seattle, WA says:
Hey Dave-- thanks for your help. I placed my order tonight. Will let you know how they turn out. Home Owner, Seattle, WA
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)