SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Weep Hole Cover 26-216 with a flap

A home owner says:
Do you carry other weep hole covers with a movable flap door which would fit the dimensions the same as the 26-216. I have some missing and have noted insects going in and building what I assume is nesting in those jole and then unable to drain.

Jim
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Jim. We can work on something similar to our 26-216, but made with a flap. Now, the 1" measurement will match, however the height of the insert clip will be closer to 5/32", not 1/8". Would you have room to snap it in? Let us know and we will get to work on that for you.
A quick learner says:
These are the pictures I took of the opening on the vinyl window. One shows an original cover which is installed upside down and the other two would be of the sizing of the opening with the cover gone. If there is something that you think would be appropriate, let me know. I am sure you have something which might be similar to what I am thinking about. 26-216 is the pretty close.

Thanks!
Jim
User submitted photos of a weep hole.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Jim. Did you see Donna's post above? Do you think you would have room to snap in something with a height of 5/32"? I can't really make out what the height is based on these pictures, especially on a level of 1/32".
A quick learner says:
Tom and Donna,
The 5/32 size you gave me might work. Going around the house, they are all starting to get brittle and some are missing. Do you have something which I might try before buying probably a dozen of them? Jim
Profile picture of Tom
In that case, I think our 26-216 might be worth considering. Take another look and see what you think.
A quick learner says:
Would you suggest I buy and try a couple of 26-216's to check for fit? If you reworked a 26-216 to incorporate a door, how expensive would it be? I was reading some more of the blog and the one from Nevada looks very similar to the one I have.
Profile picture of Tom
I'm not sure which one from Nevada it is you're referring to, but I think our 26-216 is our closest match. I can't guarantee that it will work, but I think it's at least a good place to start.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)