Weep Hole Cover

A quick learner from South Florida says:
I have an opening in my sliding window that is approximately 2" wide on the outside, the inside is harder to measure as it is below the window track. My question is are weep hole covers normally placed on the inside or outside. I'm not sure I can place a cover on the outside as the window already has a built in 'Hood' over the opening, is this in lieu of a weep hole cover?

Does that make sense, if not I can send photos.

Thanks

Mathew
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... hard to say. Based on your description, then chances are it has a hood, so you won't be able to put a weep cover on. However, I'd like to see pictures of the opening just to be sure.
A quick learner from South Florida says:
I finally got round to taking a photo of the offending weep hole
User submitted a photo of a weep hole.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately it doesn't appear you'd be able to install a weep hole cover here.
How to install a weep hole cover
How to install a weep hole cover
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.