SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Certainteed-style cams/shoes

A professional from Philadelphia says:
I'm looking for the cam on the right or the complete shoe that it goes with. It has an internal shape that doesn't allow the normal Certainteed pivot bars to fit in. Would you happen to know if you carry these or where I might find them? Thanks
User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe cam.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid Certainteed does not make this style cam anymore. Could you show me a picture of the pivot bar that goes into this cam? That will help us come up with a solution. I have a couple ideas but I'd like to start there first.
A professional from philadelphia says:
I don't have access to the pivot bars right now. But they are shaped just like the inside of the cam. Kind of a T-style with an angled body. Almost like pine tree with a knob on top.
Profile picture of Paul
Ah, I see. I have a suspicion of what yours might be. Would there be any way to file down the pivot bar to fit in the new style of cam? So far that is the only workable solution I've been able to find.
A professional from Philadelphia says:
I considered that but I figured I'd try to find the right part first. Thanks for your help. Next stop- the file store.
Profile picture of Paul
Sounds like a plan. I'm sorry we weren't able to find a better solution. I actually have the older style on my desk and every time a question like this pops up I try my best to find something to work, but so far I've never had any luck. We are always on the look out, though, so maybe one day we'll have something easier. Please let me know how it works out in the end.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)