Wenco 26" Window Sash Stamp?

A home owner from colorado springs says:
I beleive I need a 350 26 inch balance spring for a single hung Wenco window sash.

I am stuck because there are 5 radio buttons on the bottom of the page and I dont know which one to select. I cannot seem to find anything on your webesite relating to the numbers.

Option:
2510 2520 2530 2540 2550

Since wmy sash wieghs 15 lbs I dont know which number applies.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. There should be a few numbers, or even a few numbers and letters, stamped on the surface of your balance's metal channel. If you let me know what they read, I can tell you the best option to choose!
I have one that says 25 5 LU CMC
I have another marked 25 5 GK Caldwell

I measured with a tape measure the metal part is 26 inches.

Neither has a pressed in stamp. These are inked on the backs.

The headers and footers on the 350 on your website looks just like what I have

I weighed the sash at 15 lbs
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you. Based on those stamps, I would go with the 2550 stamp option for both balances. However, that option is meant to carry a sash weight range of 25 through, and including, 28 pounds. Can you reweigh your sash? Did you remove it fully from the window? What is the exact weight?

Please keep in mind that the weight range information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
A quick learner from colorado springs says:
Yes I removed it completely from the window and it wieghs 15 lbs as I said before.
Profile picture of Paul
I see. In that case, you have two options ahead of you:

Our 2520 stamp option can support a sash weight range of 9 through, and including, 15 pounds, while our 2530 stamp option can support 15 through, and including, 19 pounds. See which one would work better for you.

I would also recommend that you double check the stamps on your balances, and triple check your sash weight. I don't know why the balances for this window would be stamped 25 5 for such a light sash! Did you ever have trouble lifting it up?
Yes I have issues lifting the sashes. but then I am the only female in my family and all the 200 lb males say that I am a wimp.

The darned things squeal for heavens sake. I learned recently that we should have been waxing the rails for the last 20 years and have not been. The wax has only helped marginally and that is how I broke the spring balance. It is not me.

I placed the order that you originally reccomended.
I have been out for a few days because my family evacuated for the Waldo Canyon wildfire.

I have 11 sashes in my house of the same size. I am sure that I will find places for the balances that I ordered.

Thank you for your time!

Profile picture of Paul
It was my pleasure! I'm glad you're safe from the wildfire. Let me know if you have any more questions, and I would be happy to help!
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.