SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

What Caradco casement window crank do I have?

A quick learner from Wichita KS says:
I am looking for operator for a Caradco casement window that was manufactured around 1991 Windows were installed new in 1991 What measurements will I need? It looks like 39-155 From the inside window opens to right
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! All measurements we show for the 39-155 are important, so you should compare each one to your existing hardware. However, one of the more important measurements is that of the short link arm. Keep that in mind as you compare it to your operator.
Got some pictures Short arm is 5 inches center of pin to center of pin Long arm is 8 inches center of pin to center of bend Caradco logo on end of handle
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, I see. No, I don't believe you have our 39-155. The arm you're measuring is part of the hinge -- something like our 36-013-10. I think you may have an operator like our 39-027E or 39-013, instead. Take a look at these operators and see what you think. Make sure to compare the length of the arm to what you have.
Thanks I am sure it would be a 39-028E I was able to locate an operator at a small True Value ( one of those mom & pop's with everything) I have you as a resource for future jobs & will be using your service
Thanks for your time
Bob
Profile picture of Tom
Great! Let us know if you need any help in the future, Bob.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)