SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

What Is My Channel Balance Please

A quick learner from California says:
Hi there,

can you please help me determine which is the correct channel balance replacement for this?
Thanks!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! This balance appears similar to our Series 385 channel balance, but I'm not entirely sure. Check out our 15-004 and see if its dimensions match that of your own shoe.
Detail of 15-004
A quick learner says:
I am going to order 2 of these. I am just wondering if they come attached to the metal frame?
Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Are you referring to the 15-004? If so, then no they do not come attached to the frame. That would require you to purchase the entire balance. I just don't know if you have our Series 385 or Series 380 channel balances.
A quick learner says:
Where can I determine that? Will it be on the frame?
Profile picture of Tom
No. Our Series are determined by the nylon attachments on either end of the balance. I have already identified the top attachment as our 19-005, but I just need to know what the bottom shoe is. It appears similar to our 15-004, but I cannot be sure without you confirming dimensions, which is why I posted the picture above. Is that what your shoe is? You should also look at our 15-005, whose dimensions I will post here:
Detail of 15-005
Please tell me which is closer.
A quick learner says:
The deminsions are the same as the picture above, I am not sure which part number that is.
Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
That would be the 15-005. If that is what you have, then you may want to consider our Series 380 balance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)