SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

What Window Lock Keepers do I have?

A quick learner from Raleigh, NC says:
Windows are white vinyl(?) 35x35 and I could not find mfg name. These are in a rental property I own and 12 of the keepers are broken. Cannot lock bedroom windows. Measurements are: keeper has 1" opening and is 2 1/2" long. Lock is 1/2" wide, 2 1/2" long and 1" deep.

I want to order 14 keepers asap as tenants are moving in on Saturday.

Photos show locks mounted on top sash of lower window.

Thank you,
Marilyn
User submitted photos of a window lock.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Marilyn, and for the details. I just need one last dimension in order to locate what you need. First, what is the distance between the screw holes, center-to-center? Also, what type of keepers are they? Could I maybe see some pictures of one of them ?
I am not at the property now so cannot measure screw hole distance. I do have a couple of photos. The entire keeper is 2 1/2 inches long and the opening is 1 inch.

If you need screw hole distance, I will have that tomorrow or Saturday.

Thanks,
Marilyn
User submitted a photo of a keeper.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks Marilyn! The picture is perfect. However, I'll still need to know the screw hole spacing. Let me know whenever you can!
Screw hole spacing is 2 1/4". Have you found keeper that I need to order?

Thanks,
Marilyn
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. We are having trouble finding an exact match for this keeper. Most of our standalone keepers don't have 2-1/4" hole spacing. We may have a few possibilities, but I'll need more information.

First, do you need the lock and keeper, or just keeper? Second, can you tell me the keeper's depth? Sorry to keep having you run around for dimensions, but hopefully this is the last bit we need.
I need just the keeper and the depth is roughly 1 inch.
Profile picture of Tom
That's very deep! I think you might be measuring the height by mistake. Check out our 90-173 as an example. As you can see, the keeper depth here is 5/16". How does that compare to your own?
I have measured keeper and it is 5/16".

Thank you,
Marilyn
Profile picture of Tom
Okay, Marilyn! I know it's been a wait, and I want to thank you for being patient with us. We are now working on a possible replacement for this keeper in white and will post here again as soon as it is available online for you to view.
Profile picture of Tom
Alright, take a look at our new 90-284 and let me know if these could be used for you as a replacement keeper.
Profile picture of Tom
Alright, take a look at our new 90-284 and let me know if these could be used for you as a replacement keeper. Also keep in mind that if you were to go with our 90-173 lock and keeper set, you can be sure that they will work together.
I would like to try the 90-284 to see if it would work. Is it possible to order just one for now and then order the rest later? How much would shipping cost?

Should I go ahead and order online?

Marilyn
Profile picture of Tom
Sure, there are no minimum order quantities, so you can order just one if you want. Shipping is calculated automatically before the order is finalized. Check out our Shipping Policy for more information. You can place the order online whenever you wish!
Thanks for your help. I have ordered one 90-284 and if it works, I'll order the rest!

Marilyn
Profile picture of Tom
Awesome! So glad to hear that. Let us know if you need anything else!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)