What can replace 26-292 and 26-293?

A quick learner from Muncie, Indiana says:
The older part that I bought before and worked is 26-292 and 26-293. I tried 26-391 and 26-392 but they are two thisk . What do you suggest for replacement?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 26-390 and 26-391 were made specifically to replace the older discontinued tilt latches. We've had many customers claim that these worked perfectly. According to our records, they are the same size as the old parts, too. I'm not sure what you're running into issues. Could you show me a picture of the old tilt latch side by side with one of the new ones you purchased?
A quick learner from MUncie, IN says:
You no longer have the old parts (LH 26-292 and RH 26-293)that worked perfectly on my windows. The new parts (LH 26-390 and RH 26-391)are too lose after installation. Please see the attached image that shows the old part and new part side by side. The second image is another picture of my old part that works.

Thank you!
User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This is a weird one. Looking over your pictures, it seems the manufacturer of the old latches moved the bottom stile up closer to the tip with the new 26-390 and 26-391. The bottom stile is the locking device that locks the top tilt latch to the sash. Oddly, like Tom mentioned, we've recommended the 26-390 and 26-391 for many customers who had the older latches, and we've never encountered this issue. I wonder if there's something about your particular window that prevents this from working. May we see the top view of the cut out in the sash where the latch fits into? That might help us get to the bottom of this.
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.