SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

What channel ballance do I have?

A quick learner from Florida says:
I need two channel balances as pictured. The numbers on the existing: 16 1 BSI RN
The measurements are shown and are 18 inches end to end- 16 and 7/8 inchs metal to metal.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. It looks like your top attachment is winged while your bottom attachment is not. Since that does not match any of our existing Series, your balance will have to be custom made. Before we begin, I just have a few questions.

Can you confirm that the length of the metal channel is 16-7/8"? Usually these balances have lengths that end on the inch. Yours should be 17". Double check and let me know.

We will also have to figure out what that bottom shoe is. Please look at the measurements for our 15-001 and 15-002 bottom shoes and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-1/8" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which measurement more closely resembles your own shoe?
A quick learner from Palm Bay Fl. says:
15-002 is the same The metal channel is 17" and I will need two of them if the cost is not to high!
Thank You for your help
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! Take a look at this Custom Channel Balance Request Form that I've started for you based on your specifications. Review the information to make sure it all looks good, then fill out the rest of the information and submit. One of our representatives will contact you with a price quote shortly thereafter.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)