SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

What glazing do I need?

A handy person from kingwood texas says:
My window is a 3830. My snap in is quarter round 1/2 " x 1/4" in bronze. On the quarter round part that touches the window pane, there is a very small lip. Also, can you tell me how much snap in will be used on a 3830? Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I'm not really sure what type of window you have, so I can't say what the glazing is. The descriptions sounds sort of like our 55-006, but I can't be positive. I'd have to see a few pictures of your glazing to have any idea. I'd have to see its shape, so a picture of its cross section is ideal.
A quick learner from kingwood texas says:
The lip on the curved portion of the 55-006 turns in slightly and my lip turns out slighty. My windows are 30 years old and my snap in is very brittle. The colors of the 55-006 do not match my window color. Can I paint the 55-006? Can I buy 1 piece of 55-006 to see if it will work on my windows?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You can use a Krylon spray paint for plastic, that should do the trick. I'm not sure about the lip, though. The only way I'd know for sure is by seeing a few pictures of the profile of your snap in.
A quick learner from kingwood says:

I recently purchased a piece of 55-006 and it is about 1/8" to small for my glazing. Do you have anything...same style but a little bigger? Thank you. John
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Our 55-012 is a little bigger. Could that work? Carefully compare the dimensions we show to your own hardware. If they differ in any way, let me know how.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)