SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

What is included with the 36-013-10 hinge set?

A home owner from Illinois says:
Is it correct that product 36-013-10 includes both a pair of 2-bar hinges and a pair of 10" tracks (as shown in the photograph)?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Yes, you will receive two (2) sets of the 2-bar hinges and the track they connect to, as shown in the product image.
Thanks Mike for the quick response. Can you tell me what type/size of screw is required for the new track and whether you sell what is required---the screws on my existing are rusted but appear to be about 3/8" long. Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Normally, I use the 33-078 #8 x 7/8" Flat Head Screw. However, you should make sure the screw does not go into the glass. The best thing would be to compare any new screws to the original ones you removed.
Hi. I received my order today. Can you please tell me how to properly disengage the bar hinge section from the track on the 36-013-10 to facilitate installation? My old hardware has a pop off connection, but on the 36-013-10 it appears that perhaps the top piece (that is keyhole shaped) needs to slide aside to disengage the arm. I don't want to mess it up and would like to know the proper procedure and what type of tool to use. Many thanks!
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 36-013-10 2-Bar Hinge Set has a slide clip. I have used a small screwdriver to put into the slot on the clip and pulled it back-- that seemed to do the trick.
A home owner from carmel, n.y. says:
I just found this post. I need to replace the broken hinges and cranks on my window also. Does this 36-013-10 set work for my window too? the only number that I can find on these parts are u.s. patent # 4980947.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Have you compared the measurements of your original hinge to that of the 36-013-10.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)