SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

What is the US Patent #D/M3137028 patio door roller?

A home owner from Van Nuys, CA says:
I'm hoping you can provide
this part or one that can work
in it's place.
There is a US Patent #D/M3137028
Under that there is the following #:
See attached(2)images.
The screw on the top adjusts the position of the wheel.
The bottom hole is secures the entire piece by was of a fairly
long screw.
Please let me know if you need additional information.
Thank you,
A customer submitted photo of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi Steve,
Please take a look at new SWISCO product code 81-258, Patio Glass Door Roller. Compare the dimensions to your original.
A home owner from Van Nuys, CA says:
Thank you, thank you and thank you to whoever tracked down Part Number 81-258!!!!!

I looked all over and could not find anything that resembled the rollers I needed for my old sliding glass door. It took a while for you all to find them and then it took me a while to get around to installing them [mostly out of fear that they would just almost work...], but they work perfectly.

Thanks again, and I will definitely recommend you to my friend who own homes and who want to try to fix something on their own.

A home owner from Boise, Idaho says:
We need to replace our patio glass door roller. It has the numbers D/M 3137028 and A/S 3097401. Roller is 1 1/2" in diameter and 1/4" thick.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
I've placed you in an existing discussion regarding the DM 3137028 roller.

Take a look at the 81-258 Patio Door Roller Assembly.
A home owner from Lakewood, California says:
I have the same information on my part as Steve from Van Nuys, CA above, BUT my part looks and adjusts differently. My part has US Patent #D/M 3137028 and underneath it is # A/S 3097401 too. Also, my roller is on a mirrored closet door, not a patio door. Can you please look at my pics and recommended a replacement part.
Please let me know if you need any additional info.
Thanks in advance.
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Candy, thanks for posting. Patent numbers actually aren't the most reliable when it comes to identifying hardware. After all, they aren't serial numbers or anything. It looks like you have a different roller than the poster above.

That said, I can't tell exactly what you have. I think this is only half of a complete roller unit. Please check in your closet door and look for the outer housing. I would have to see the whole thing in order to identify what you have. Let me know!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)