SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

What is the US Patent #D/M3137028 patio door roller?

A home owner from Van Nuys, CA says:
Greetings.
I'm hoping you can provide
this part or one that can work
in it's place.
There is a US Patent #D/M3137028
Under that there is the following #:
A/S3097401
See attached(2)images.
The screw on the top adjusts the position of the wheel.
The bottom hole is secures the entire piece by was of a fairly
long screw.
Please let me know if you need additional information.
Thank you,
Steve
A customer submitted photo of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi Steve,
Please take a look at new SWISCO product code 81-258, Patio Glass Door Roller. Compare the dimensions to your original.
A home owner from Van Nuys, CA says:
Thank you, thank you and thank you to whoever tracked down Part Number 81-258!!!!!

I looked all over and could not find anything that resembled the rollers I needed for my old sliding glass door. It took a while for you all to find them and then it took me a while to get around to installing them [mostly out of fear that they would just almost work...], but they work perfectly.

Thanks again, and I will definitely recommend you to my friend who own homes and who want to try to fix something on their own.

Steve
A home owner from Boise, Idaho says:
We need to replace our patio glass door roller. It has the numbers D/M 3137028 and A/S 3097401. Roller is 1 1/2" in diameter and 1/4" thick.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
I've placed you in an existing discussion regarding the DM 3137028 roller.

Take a look at the 81-258 Patio Door Roller Assembly.
A home owner from Lakewood, California says:
I have the same information on my part as Steve from Van Nuys, CA above, BUT my part looks and adjusts differently. My part has US Patent #D/M 3137028 and underneath it is # A/S 3097401 too. Also, my roller is on a mirrored closet door, not a patio door. Can you please look at my pics and recommended a replacement part.
Please let me know if you need any additional info.
Thanks in advance.
Candy
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Candy, thanks for posting. Patent numbers actually aren't the most reliable when it comes to identifying hardware. After all, they aren't serial numbers or anything. It looks like you have a different roller than the poster above.

That said, I can't tell exactly what you have. I think this is only half of a complete roller unit. Please check in your closet door and look for the outer housing. I would have to see the whole thing in order to identify what you have. Let me know!
A home owner from Virginia Beach, Virginia says:
To Whom It May Concern,
I have the same issue with Candy. The same pictures and patent #. This part (roller assembly) is for my master bedroom closet glass mirror door. It's two 3'x 8' standing vertically. I need six (6-damaged) roller assemblies to replace 6 of 8. The other half of the roller unit is permanently secure (pinched in) inside the aluminum frame around the glass, and the only way to remove it is to break the aluminum frame apart. The roller is held by two screws with the same size but different length. The long screw is secure to roller unit and the short screw is a guide to extend the roller in or out. Please reply!
Note: The plastic roller stamped "Syracuse N.Y Kilian Toronto, Canada".
Profile picture of Donna
We do not currently have this hardware available, but we are working on a possible solution. Please bear with us a little bit as we have it made up for you and we'll let you know when it becomes available.
Profile picture of Donna
Please see new part number 23-286, Roller Assembly.
A quick learner from Lakewood, CA says:
Hey Donna, this is Candy from the earlier post on March 5, 2013.
Are you saying the new part number 23-286, Roller Assembly you mentioned above will work on my two mirrored closet doors? I sure hope so....I want to order them if they will work.
Please reply.
Thanks!
Profile picture of Donna
Yes, Candy, we believe it can! Look over our pictures and dimensions just to be sure.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)