SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

What is the drawer socket width?

A home owner says:
It has been very hard to find rear sockets for my kitchen drawer slides because no one reveals the actual inside socket dimensions... except you, but... you have the 32-012 socket width measurement listed as 1" and also as 13/16". Which is it? I can't go with anything less than 1".
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I do not have a sample of the track to measure so I can only measure the socket opening. I created a new image to show exactly what measures 1" and what measures 13/16". In the profile drawing of the drawer socket you can see there is a narrower slot to the right of where the 1" is measured. That narrower slot measures 13/16". Take a look at the included image and let me know if you have any further questions.
Profile drawing of the 32-012 rear drawer socket.
A home owner from nj says:
Is this 1 piece or 2 pieces? I need the piece that the drawer slide goes into - not the piece mounted on the back wall - unless it is only 1 piece.... Thank you
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You will receive the pair of sockets as pictured. Each socket is made up of two pieces that will come already attached together (as pictured).
Perfect - thank you!
This was the quickest, painless, easiest transaction I have ever made over the Internet! Thank you!
A handy person from MN says:
I boought some drawer sockets "model #" 32-012. The width opening is listed as 1". That opening is too small. Do you have sockets with a width a little bigger than that? Thanks
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The manufacture calls it 1" and I know they are 1" at the base, but they do taper down toward the end. I believe they are so that they hold tight. We don't have any that are larger.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)