What is the full function of the 75-066 roller?

A home owner from williamsville, ny 14221 says:
The 75-066 screening tool design shows one sides diameter larger than the other. what is the purpose and what exactly is the full function of this tool?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I have personally never used the 75-066 style roller. I like to use the more common ones like the 75-008 and 75-019 for example. I believe the step in it possibly smooths out the wrinkles in the screening as you install the new screen mesh. Some installers swear by it. I am going to contact the manufacturer and see what else I can find out. I will respond back here when I learn more.
A home owner from Willliamsville,NY 14221 says:
Dave,

I posted on 6-1-11 regarding item #75-066, screening tool. You weren't sure of why one side of the roller was larger in diameter than the other and what was the full function of this item. You were to contact the manufacture and get back to me and never did.

Please obtain the information and let me know the results. Thanks
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Although I haven't heard directly from the manufacturer, I have spoken to a few window repair men about the design. Most believe it is designed this way in order to take out the wrinkle effect of the aluminum screen wire during installation. When you screen in the wire you get a slight wrinkle effect, but this design helps remove the wrinkles in the spline with the roller rather than having to smooth it out with your hand.

A home owner from Willliamsville,NY 14221 says:
Thank you for the time you put in to get me an answer.
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.