SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

What is the manufacture of the sliding door?

A quick learner from Des Plaines IL says:
Hello,

I am trying to figure out the manufacture and series of the sliding balcony door. The sliding door is original to the building, which was build in 1994. There are no other markings or stickers on the door/glass/side of the door besides the ones that were uploaded here. The weatherstripping is beige color and seems to be leaf like. Two adjustment holes are on the bottom of the door with two plastic plugs covering the holes.

I assume it is made by Pella, as the rest of the windows are made by Pella.

Thoughts?
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot tell who manufactured this door based on the provided images. Pella is a distinct possibility, but I can't be sure. What exactly are you trying to replace? We may be able to help you without the brand.
A quick learner from Des Plaines IL says:
I need to replace weatherstripping, it is cracked as you can see in first picture. The door moves back and forth whenever there is high wind.
A professional from California says:
Pella doors have the screen inside the house. Except their vinyl line which they bought and did not design. I think I see a screen outside. That would lead me to believe it is not Pella.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. We have many varieties of weatherstripping, so we might have something that matches. I need to see a picture of the weatherstripping in question. You can upload your pictures right here.

Before you upload your pictures, though, please watch the video below. There is a very specific way we need you to take your pictures in order to ensure that we have all the information we need. The video will clarify.
A quick learner says:
So i bought the weatherstripping 58-175 and it was a perfect fit. But the problem is still there. The door bangs back and forth at the top(first picture) whenever the wind blows. Any ideas?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You might have some hardware missing that helps to keep the door secure to the frame. Look around the door to see if you can locate any holes or impressions on the door frame where a clip should go.
A quick learner from IL says:
You are correct, seems like there is some hardware missing. See attached pictures for mounting holes. Any idea what door brand this is? And where would i be able to find this part? Let me know if you need any more details.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hmmm... we do carry a weather stripping that is nailed on. Take a look at our 58-169. Do you think that could tighten up your door? Because it can nail on, you can adjust it to whatever position you need.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)