SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

What is this Sliding door handle

A home owner from Cleveland, Ohio says:
The sliding door handle broke it is a Ryan built home about 11years old. I think it is a patriot sliding door because the windows are.
User submitted photos of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon! Thanks for posting. Could you give me the distance between the installation hole centers? That will help us find a good replacement. In the meantime, you might want to check out our 82-069. This might work for you, but I can't be sure without more detailed dimensions.

You may also want to check the condition of your rollers. A handle only suffers this kind of damage when there is too much force applied, and if you have to apply that kind of force then the door may not be rolling as it should. I recommend giving the rollers a good once over to make sure there's no damage, wear, or excess dirt. Hopefully that will keep something like this from happening again!
A quick learner from Cleveland says:
Tom,

Thanks for your reply and idea to inspect the rollers. Will do - however we use this door a lot, and the piece looks pretty weak.

The distance between the mounting holes is just over 3 15/16" (inches). Would think it would be exactly 4", but its actually at little closer to 3 15/16".

Please advise. Thanks.

Dave
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That's the same screw hole distance for our 82-069. I think it would be a great place to start, but check it out and let me know if you agree.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)