What option should I pick?

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
The options listed for SWISCO series 795 are the numbers stamped on the original channel balances for this particular window balance system. The options indicate spring strength.
To find out what option is needed remove the window sash and put it on a scale.
Stamp option 29A will carry a window sash weight range of 7 through 12 pounds.
29B, 12 through 18 pounds.
29C, 18 through 23 pounds.
29D, 23 through 28 pounds.

This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
A quick learner from jamestown says:
I have a window balance, and it is channel type. but doesn't look like what you have. Mine is a rod with a spring on the outside of the rod. special patent by Amsebury windows. The rod is 29 inches long. But I know what you have will work, I'm looking at the 795 series.
The question is what does the 29d, c, b, a mean? I think it might be the force of the spring, but not sure which I should use.
I have single hung Tilt windows, which measure 35X31 with balance on each side. Double pain. Not too heavy. made from aluminum.

Could you help me with which option I should order.

thanks
Mike
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.