SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

What rivet goes with 15-142?

A quick learner says:
I placed an order in November and before I did I called to check on a rivet to see if it was the rivet to fit the shoe I bought. 62-001 was too long for shoe 15-142.

I think a rivet 1/16"x3/16" would work. I'm putting the shoe on a 900 series rod what do you think? Let me know what I need to attach the shoe to the rod and I will order them. Thanks

Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Gerald!

Our 62-001 is the preferred rivet to use when installing the 15-142 Balance Shoe. If you want to go smaller, you should take a look at our 62-007 Rivet, which is just a small fraction off from your estimate, but I think it will suit your purposes.

Keep in mind that you will need the 75-075 Rivet Installation Tool for installing any rivets. You can also always just cut the rivet to the size you need with a pair of snips.

Please refer to the following image. I installed the 15-142 with the 16-007 rivet, which was cut about 1/16" to 1/8" of an inch.

A SWISCO image of a Series 900 Spiral Balance with a 15-142 Shoe installed using a 62-007 rivet.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)