SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

What screws work with 38-090?

A home owner from USA says:

I would like to order 2 of the above-captioned locking handles but I also need 3 sets of fasteners (screws). What screw is required? Can you also provide the screws?
User submitted a photo of casement window lock.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Normally, we recommend re-using your old screws to be sure that everything will fit. Not all windows are the same and the length may vary. Now if your screws are missing and you do not know what to use, then the screw I would suggest would be a #6 size screw like our 33-071. However, you might need it to be a little longer depending on how it is installed into the window frame. You may want to get in touch with a local hardware store if the 33-081 is not of the appropriate length.
A handy person from NJ says:
I recently purchased two of the 38-090 lever latches for my casement window. Is there a special tool or trick to actually reach the screws on the outside? My window frame/configuration looks very similar to the picture above.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
There really isn't any trick or special tool. A regular screwdriver should do it. You just have to be patient and take your time!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)