SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

What size screws do I need for this handle?

A home owner says:
I bought a 83-111 screen door handle. There were no screws with it. I assumed they came with the handle. Do I need four screws and what size are they?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Try to use the original screws from the old handle. If you do not have the original screws, I would use a 1/4" long flat head sheet metal screw. The thickness of the screw could be a #6 or a #8. Check with your local mom & pop hardware store.
A handy person from Twinsburg OH says:
I have a slider screen door that has a black plastic handle with screws that are on 3" centers and it looks similar to your 83-111, but the overall height is 3 3/4" not 4". Will that work OK?
Also, I hope you're now sending the screws with the handle since mine are totally rusted out and I may have to drill them out. Please tell me you're sending screws with this handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The handles do not come with screws. You will need a flat head #8 x 1/4" screw. However, you can go longer, depending on the thickness of the door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)