What stamp do I have for my S351-28?

A home owner from Bossier City, LA says:
Hi, I think I found the part I need but the stamped numbers on my channel balance do not match what is listed.

I'm look at this 28" Series 351 Channel Balance with the 19-002 top and 15-002 shoe but the stamp is 27c and does not match the options listed for that series

Thanks,

Richard
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Richard! For a stamp of 27C, I think you should choose the 2730 option. Some companies use letters for the stamp instead of numbers. Traditionally A corresponds to 1, B to 2, C to 3, etc.
A quick learner from Bossier City, LA says:
Thanks, Paul. I think I am just about ready to order. The Window is made by Alenco and I'm sure on the top but not 100% sure on the shoe- either the 15-002 or 15-0003 shoe.

Can you look at this and give me your opinion? is it 1" or a little more?

Richard
Profile picture of Paul
I can't speak for the exact measurement, it's hard to tell from this angle. You'll have to measure it yourself. Is the depth 1"? If not, how far over 1" is it? Just by looking at it, I can say with some confidence that it probably isn't 15-003, which has very tall fins.
A quick learner from Bossier City says:
The depth is just a bit over 1", maybe just 1/10" over over but it might be a little warped due to age.

thanks for checking but I am not pretty confident I want the 15-002 now

Lastly can you help me find the right Top Sash guide if I am ordering the 28" Series 351 Channel Balance with the 19-002 top and 15-002 bottom?

Appreciate the help.

Richard
Profile picture of Paul
Would you mind taking a photo of your top sash guide and sending it to us? We will need to see a photo in order to properly identify the sash guide you need. It might be easier for you if you remove it from the sash.
A quick learner from Bossier City says:
Do they just pop out with a screw-driver? I've tried to remove it from an intact window and it's not coming out easily.

Richard
Profile picture of Paul
It should be screwed in. Keep in mind that you will have to remove the sash in order to remove the top sash guide.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.