SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Wheels for plantation shutter bipass door

A quick learner from Sneads Ferry, NC says:
I had bipass plantation shutters installed ocer patio door. Bottom is wobbly on both sliders. Thought some type of wheel might help. Bottom of door is flat so not sure how to install. Any ideas?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Just to clarify, are you looking for wheels for the shutters you installed? Did they come with wheels originally, or did they not use any? If there are no original wheels, I'm not quite sure if we have anything that could work. It's possible that your shutters aren't meant to use rollers at all, especially since it sounds like there isn't space to install anything. You may want to contact the original makers of the shutter to see what they recommend.
A quick learner from Sneads Ferry NC says:
I tried talking to company, Budget Blinds, about how wobbly bipass door bottoms are and they said they are made that way...no other suggestions. There are no wheels on them but I have 1/2 inch clearance on bottom. I was thinking about bipass closet doors which do not wobble on bottom. What keeps them secure? I even tried magnets where they close but it didn't help. Any other suggestions?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I really can't say for sure. I'm not familiar with these blinds so I don't know what would work. If these doors are not made to have rollers, but you want to install some anyway, you will need to rig something up, or adapt something to fit. We carry many different kinds of rollers for glass doors, screen doors, closets, even drawers and shower doors. You might be able to get something from our catalog to work, but it's important to keep in mind that everything we carry is designed to replace specific, previously existing hardware. When it comes to new or custom applications like what you have in mind, there's no saying what can work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)