SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

When I crank my operator, the handle comes off. What's wrong

A home owner from Minnesota says:
The part that holds the crank against the cover also broke on mine. Now when I crank in, the crank comes completely off. Does the ring that is broken hold the crank in or is something stripped on the inside that would hold the crank? Also, from my picture, could you tell me what color of 39-107 I need? You website does not change the picture when I select a different color. Thank you.
User submitted a photo of a window operator cover.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! It looks like the cover in your picture is Bronze.

As for the operator, it sounds like the bore has been stripped. When the handle comes off, does it take the gear with it? If so, then you'll have to replace the entire operator. I'd be happy to help you identify what you need, but I'll have to see it, first. Can I get a few pictures of it removed from the window?
A quick learner from Minnesota says:
I can crank the window out just fine, but when I try to close the window the crank comes out looking like this attached picture.
User submitted a photo of a window crank handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yeah, it looks like it's stripped out. Do you see the gear at the end of the handle? That's not supposed to come out. You're going to have to replace the operator.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)