Which Andersen balances do I need

A home owner from Harrisburg, NC says:
We took apart all of our different windows and wrote down the numbers stamped on the balances. The pictures we took make it almost impossible to see the stamping but are attached in case you need them.

We need the following:
C1 5 23 573
C5 6 23 873
E2 9P 27 773
F1 10 31 673

Let us know which replacement parts we need for each of the above so we know how many of each to order. Thanks.

We're obviously replacing our balances instead of replacing our windows. It's going to be much cheaper that way and our energy efficiency isn't that bad so new windows just aren't in the budget.

We're so thankful for this site that even showed us how to do this. Keep up the good work!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, and for your praise! We are happy that we were able to help you.

Now, as for your Andersen sash balances, please take a look at the following part numbers, respective to your list:

1) 24-531
2) 24-637
3) 24-939
4) 24-1033

A handy person from Maryland says:
I have a tough one. I need replacements for Anderson J15 5#27 4 85

I would greatly appreciate your help

Thanks

Joe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9680.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Joe. With a stamp of 5#27, you'll want our 24-531. This is designed to replace all Andersen balances with that same stamp.

A contractor from Mantua, Ohio says:
Looking to replace Andersen string balance L51 10#31 6 84

Which one do I need?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16922816984177450264755249106158.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Hello! If your old Andersen operator had a 10#31 stamp, then you can use  our 24-1033 to replace it.

Please feel free to reach out if you had any questions.

A home owner from Long Island, NY says:
Hello,
Can you tell me the replacement part for an anderson balancer with a stamp of 12#31 thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230826_135721.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230826_135642.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Hello! If your old Andersen balance was stamped with "12#31," then my top suggestion would be the 24-1231, which can replace all balances with that stamp.

Please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions.

How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.