SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Which SWISCO 28 inch 2730 channel balance do I need?

A quick learner from Las Cruces says:
Hi,

Please can you advise me which SWISCO 28 inch 2730 channel balance to order, based on the attached photos?

Thanks

Robin
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Based on detailed measurements, channel balance S395-28 looks like the 'closest' match, but I have a couple of questions...

1. My shoe appears to have the dimensions shown in the attached photo, DSC3870. Will the 15-0001 shoe included in S395-28 be OK?

2. Will the hook in the S395-28 work the same as the hook in my photo, DSC3874?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us, Robin. I agree, the Series 395 appears to be our best match. I would wager your shoe depth measures 1-1/16" instead of 1-3/32" due to wear over the years. Happens all the time with these nylon pieces. As for the hook, ours should work the same way, yes.
Thanks Tom :)

I went ahead and ordered the Series 395 and it arrived today; what great service!!

They installed fine and the window works perfectly now.

Thanks again!

Robin
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Glad to hear it! Thank you for ordering with us, it means a lot. If you need anything else, we're always here to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)