SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Which channel balance option to choose

A quick learner from Georgia says:
I have several windows about 32x51 in size that need new balances. The sash weighs 15 pounds. The existing balance is 24" long has the marking 23 B and the BSI marking.

I'm pretty sure that the balance I need is part S351-24 but I don't know if I should order option 2320 or 2330.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Is the sash exactly 15 pounds? It might go a little over. Personally, I would go with the 2320, since that's what the original builders chose (23 B corresponds to our 2320 option).
A quick learner from Georgia says:
It weighed 14.9 pounds. I wasn't sure if these were the original balances since it has been a rental unit with a fair amount of deferred maintenance. Would 2320 be the best option?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Since it's just under 15 pounds, I would go with 2320, yes. As you can see on the chart under the S351-24, two balances with the 2320 option can hold a window sash weight of 9 through 15 pounds.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)