SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Width of shoe bottom?

A home owner from Charleston,SC says:
I would like to replace the broken sash balance which looks just like the S850-32, cross bow balance. I don't see any dimension on the crossbow bottom , or is that a standard width or do you have the exact width ?
The 32.5 inches length is a perfect match
My next question is that the top connector is plastic and thats where it is broken.
Your replacement is metal tab with screw hole.
Any suggestion on how to connect it since there is a square hole in the channel where it would connect , or just use a long screw and go to the next piece of frame, or wood framing?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Dan. When you place your order for the S860-32, you will be required to choose which shoe you have. This includes the color and the width. The S850-32 comes with a Black 1-1/4" wide shoe, a White 1-1/4" wide shoe, and a White 1" wide shoe.

As for the top piece, you can install our 26-200 in your jamb track to allow the new S850-32 to screw in. I also recommend our 33-011 screw.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)