SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Width of the top of the red shoe Crossbow balance

A contractor from Fort Worth, TX says:
I have a crossbow balance that has the 15/16" red shoe and is 30 1/2" in length, but the head width is only 3/8". It appears that yours are 1/2". I was wodering if you offer the 3/8" version. Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Actually, the top width of our Red Shoe Crossbow balances are also approximately 3/8".
Great! I can't seem to find one with the red shoe that is 30 1/2". Is that size available?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
We've actually just added the Red Shoe option for the S850-30 for you! Take a look and you should see the product page updated.
Thanks! I just recieved the balances and they were perfect. Now when he was installing them, he noticed there was a broken pivot bar like this one your 26-318
Except where the 1" measurement on this one is, my measurement is 1/4". Do you have anything like this?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm glad to hear that the balances worked out for you! Unfortunately, I am not familiar with this style of pivot shoe having those dimensions. Could we perhaps see a few pictures of yours? That will help us find a replacement.
A contractor from Fort Worrth says:
Here are a couple pictures. I imagine the ones you have will work, i would just have to make new holes. My installer only brought back part of the pivot bar of course, so this is all I have.
A customer submitted photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the images. It seems that the 26-318 Pivot Bar is the only pivot bar I can find that has this unique end. How about the other holes in the rest of the pivot bar? That is, the portion that has broken off. Do those holes match the 26-318?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)