Will 38-139 replace my casement lock

A quick learner says:
I think your part 38-139 is the closest replacement. The little arm that moves up and down is a little different shape, but i am thinking i cant get an exact match because the part is so old? I wanted an exact match because the lock right next to the broken one is fine, so it will look a little weird that they dont match exactly.
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 38-139 certainly looks like a good match, though you would need to confirm that the dimensions we show are the same as yours. As for an exact match, I'm not sure if that would be possible, especially if yours is an older model. Many manufacturers completely discontinue their older lines for newer models.
A home owner from NH says:
I just realized that because the handle on the lock is broken, I cannot open the window in order to unscrew the broken lock and replace it. Any ideas on how I could do that? The handle just pulls off. When I put it in and turn it, niothing happens.
Profile picture of Tom
That is a tricky problem. Try to see if you can throw the lock with a screwdriver. If you are unable to do so, you will need some way to cut the old lock off. In that instance I would highly recommend contacting a local handy person for assistance, as it is no easy task.
A quick learner from NH says:
I just got the part and it fits but the old screws are too thick. And the old paet had threads for a screw to go in, and the new part does not. How do I attach it?
Profile picture of Tom
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. See our 33-096 self tapping screw, I think this should work.
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.