SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Will 58-164 fit?

A home owner from NC says:
I have unknown make Vinyl windows about 13 years old with a proprietary molded weather strip rail on the lower sash (see Attached Pic. Can the manufacturer be identified by this weather strip? Will 58-164 work based on my dimension in the pic?
Thanks you for any information you can provide
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This is a very weird weatherstripping! I do not know who the manufacturer might be, unfortunately. The good news is, the dimensions seem to match the 58-164. That may be a possibility. You could also consider our 58-182, which is softer.
Tom, thank you for your response. After looking at both items you suggest, I have one concern, will the weather strip will extend far enough below the sash frame to properly seal when the upper and lower sashes are locked? I attached another pic with measurements that shows how my current weather strip fits to the sash frame and how far below the frame it extends. Can you advise how far below the sash frame both the 58-164 and 58-182 seals extend? I need 3/8" or close to it. Also, can you advise the distance between the slide rail and the bottom of the sash frame? As you can see mine is 1/8". I attached a diagram of the 58-164 with red question marks for the measurements I need.
Again I thank you for any assistance you can provide.
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the additional information! I see what you mean. I think our 58-164 could still work. The overall distance from the neck to the bottom is 1/2", like yours. Specifically, the distance from the "neck" to the top of the bubble is 1/8", and the bubble itself is 5/16". What do you think?
Thank you for the additional information. 58-164 should fit my track and frame. There is only one way to find out for sure. I ordered one section of 58-164 to test so I can see how well it will seal. I'll let you know the results.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Let us know when you get a chance.
Follow up: The 58-164 fit my window's slide track perfectly. However, as I suspected, the bubble does not extend below the sash frame as far as my OEM weather seal does because the OEM weather strip frame is about 1/8" taller than the 58-164, but I can make it work. Your product is the closest match for my unknown brand windows. Thank you for being there.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)