SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Will 82-002 work for a 1.5" thick door?

A quick learner says:
I have hurricane rated sliding doors. The doors are 1.5" thick. the current lock shows RD1968CAN as the part number. Your 82-002 looks like it will fit the hole, but I see someone had a problem with the catch not being in the center of a 1.5" door. I need the center of the hook to be 3/4" from the edge of the door in order for it to line up with the catch. Will 82-002 work and if not, do you have a lock that will.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
This handle set is for a standard 1" thick door, so I'm not sure if it's what you want. Look to see if your latch hook is offset. If it is, maybe that is the main difference between your handle set and ours. How old is your patio door? Do you also know the manufacturer?
A professional from California says:
Can you mount the new handle and cut out the aluminum covering the hook, then move the current keeper over to line up with the new lock position?
I would guess this is a thermally broken door and we don't have many of those in California, but that's what I would attempt to do. I don't know if it would work, but give it some thought.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)