Will 82-107 work for all door thicknesses?

A quick learner from Winter Springs FL says:
The lever has a broken tooth on it so will need replacement. When I took off the handle, all the parts fell apart - all the 82-107 parts like washer, copper key, retainer cap, and couldn't tell if any others fell inside the door. Will this kit fit all door thickness and do the trick, I don't have my door nearby to measure it. Thanks, Dave
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 82-107 should fit on most door thicknesses. It's a little tricky to install, but it might be what you need to fix your handle. You may also want to check the strike plate on the jamb, it might need adjustment. Also take note that your mortise lock might be worn, making it hard to turn the lever. Finally, check the rollers on the bottom of the door. They might need adjustment or replacement. These are all reasons why your latch might break like this.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.