SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Will Flex Screen Fit In Casement Windows

A home owner from Lakewood Ohio says:
I have a 90 year old home with original Pella casement windows will the flex screen work in these windows. Thank you, Sean
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's tough to say without knowing what kind of screens you have installed now. Pella has made many different windows, and based on the age of your home you could have anything. I would recommend looking around your screen to see if you have a clip like our 70-134. If you do, then I think our FlexScreen can work for you, yes.
A home owner from Lakewood Ohio says:
Thanks for the response Paul I don't have any clips on the window now all because they all have built in Pella roll down screens with tracks running down the sides of the windows, needless to say they don't function too well after 90 years. I have some pretty large windows 7' x 5' and the screen covers the entire window opening which allows bugs to get into the the house between the screen and inside window. Not sure how clear I'm being but would a picture help.
Thanks, Sean B
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, thank you for clarifying. That's a pretty big window. I'm afraid we cannot make our FlexScreen that large. I think your best bet in this case would be to contact Pella directly.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)