Will handle 82-035 fit my 1-3/4" thick door?

A quick learner from Greely, CO says:
My patio door is 1-3/4 inch thick, with handle bolt holes spacing 3-15/16 inch. Your replacement part number 82-035 appears to match the one I need to replace, the exterior handle has extended bolts - however it is for a 1-5/8 inch thick door mine is 1-3/4 inch. Will it fit my door?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Normally, the 82-035 is used in 1-5/8" thick patio doors. In your case, we're only talking 1/8" of a difference, so it may still work. Let's try to break it down: the 82-035 handle uses the 82-106 turning lever, which is 13/16" long (between 3/4" and 7/8"). Compare this to your existing turn lever to see if the length matches up. If it does, you should be good to go. The only other thing to consider with a different thickness door is the size of the screws, but that's easily handled; you could either re-use the ones you have now, or find the appropriate size at a hardware store.
How to install the Swisco 82-069 Handle Set
How to install the Swisco 82-069 Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.