Will surface Mount handle set work with hooks pointing down?

A quick learner from Myrtle Beach, SC says:
I recently purchased a Surface Mount Handle Set 6 9/16", Item #82-036 from your company. My patio door slides from left to right so that the handle with the locking mechanism would be attached on the door itself. The handle I received has the lock with the two locking hooks facing downward. Is this the correct position for these locks, since the present lock on my door has the locking hooks facing upward. The handle cannot be turned around to allow the locks to be pointing upward. Will this handle work if the locking hooks are pointed downward? Thank you for your help with this matter.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I think it would be fine as it is, but you can reverse the hooks. Look on the inside and you will see an E-Ring. Unhook it with a small screwdriver and remove it, reverse the hooks, then reinstall the E-Ring. You could also just reverse the keeper.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.