Will the 15-180 work for me?

A quick learner from Circleville NY says:
I think this is the shoe I want. I am enclosing pictures to show you what fits into my current shoe, and pictures of the current pivot shoe. I think your 15-180 is what I need (if it has a T head. The pictures will show you what I mean.
User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I agree, the 15-180 appears to be our best match. It's not exactly the same, but as long as the dimensions are the same I think it should still work. The only notable difference I can see at a glance is that the width of our 15-180 is 1" at the top, then flares out to 1-1/4", then goes back to 1" at the bottom. Meanwhile, yours starts skinny at the top, flares out in the middle, and stays flared to the bottom. I doubt this detail will affect the function of the shoe. Do your measurements differ from our dimensions in any way?
Do you see the left to right (not front to back) groove in the pivot shoe? That is the rub; your 15-180 does not have that. Do you have anything similar?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. I actually didn't notice that at first, but you're right, there is a little groove there in the cam. It's possible updating the pivot bar to something compatible with the 15-180 could work, but you'd need to make sure that the details other than the head are the same. See our 26-378 to start out and see if you can use this. If not, let me see a picture of your old pivot bar and I can try to find something better.
Maybe the 15-175 or 15-177 might work but it is hard to tell from the picture. It looks notched the way I would need it to accommodate the existing pivot but the difference I see is no where to screw in the coils to the side. There must be a way, right? I think I could accommodate 9/16 " depth.

In other words, the 15-180 looks like my pivot show and the coils, screws, detente clip and bushing look perfect but not the pivot bar. When I look at the pivot bar for the 15-177 and 15-175, the pivot bar heads look like mine-but there is nothing about detente clip or bushings. If I can screw in the coils into the side of the 15-175 or 15-177 then I think I am home free. What do you think?
User submitted a photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Hopefully I can help. I've been looking all over for something that may match, but haven't had any luck. I have an idea, though, based on my experience with this type of situation in the past. If the metal cam from your original shoe is fine, you could remove the cam from the new shoe and put in the old. The 15-175 or 15-177 pivot shoes may also work, as you mentioned. Granted they are 9/16" thick, but like you said your track has play so you might be able to get away with it.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.