SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Will this track work for my sliding door?

A quick learner says:
To Whom It May Concern,

Will the product 80-106 6' Sliding Glass door track work in this sliding glass door? I have attached a picture to show the track.

Thank you in advance,
Seth
Customer image of their sliding door track.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to say, I don't know your track dimensions. To install the 80-106 you will have to remove your existing track. Did you look at our track covers online? In particular 80-100 large track cover or the small cover 80-102. What is nice about the track covers is that they go right on top of your existing track with minimal work.
A quick learner from Mattawa Washington says:
This track works... The sliding door that I need to replace has no track what so ever. I just started to make repairs to 24 apartments and the tennants don't do anything to care for these sliding doors. I could take a picture if this would help. I will also take measurements.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, I thought you were going to remove existing track. Yes, If you are going to replace a missing track this would be your best choice. Going by your photo your existing track looks taller than the 80-106. If it is too short in height you can always shim up the bottom, or raise up the adjustment on the rollers themselves.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)