SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Will your 32-053 Fit

A quick learner from Clayton, CA says:
The standard drawer is 24 inches from the back of the cabinet to the cabinet frame face. My current track - which looks exactly like this one - is 23 1/2 inches long. So it sits on the top of the frame. Yours looks to be 3/4 inch short. ??? Can that be? Or does the attachment from the metal track to the back of the cabinet take up that difference?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. It's possible that ours is a shorter than yours, yes. Are you just measuring your metal track?

You could also consider our 32-063. This is a very versatile track kit that can be used in a great variety of drawers.
A quick learner from clayton, ca says:
Thanks so much for the timely reply. I love you guys. No, the metal rail - which looks EXACTLY like yours - is itself 23 1/2 inches long. So it extends from the middle of the front, bottom, drawer frame to the back of the cabinet containing the drawer - as it should. Naturally, I was hoping YOUR measurement was wrong. It surely doesn't make sense to have a rail that is 3/4 inch too short of a standard drawer. If it's an inch too long it can always be cut. But if it's an inch too short... it's no good. Anyway, thanks again for the prompt reply. If someone remeasures and finds that you've made an error, please let me know. Phil
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Phil. I just ran back and measured one myself, and the meausrements on our site are correct. This track is meant to replace a specific system. I still think our 32-063 would be a good alternative. It's bigger and easily modified.
A quick learner from clayton, ca says:
Thanks for that extra effort and all the help. You guys are the best!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)