Will your 40-006 work for me?

A handy person from Minnesota says:
I think I understand how the bracket works to make a closer work inwards but I want to make sure it will work in my application. I am making my own screen doors for my lake home screen porch. The doors are currently 1.5" thick (I can still plane them down a bit) and will only have screen installed (no glass). The doors will be less than 40 pounds each. I prefer the doors to open inwards because snow and ice builds up in the winter and outswing screen doors cannot be opened. I prefer a dampened-style closer to control slamming. Will your converter bracket control a door the thickness and weight I describe?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. The bracket goes on the top inside of the door. The thickness of the door doesn't matter, though, so 1-1/2" thick should be okay. As for the closer, I think you should consider something like our 40-077.
A handy person from Eagan, MN says:
I receive3d the bracket and have a question before I install it (two of them, actually). There is nothing to hold the pin down that goes through the closer arm and then into the 40-006 bracket. Is there supposed to be? I could see it popping up and out in the right situation.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The pin should not come out. I've actually never heard of it happening, either. I wouldn't recommend trying to keep it in place with duct tape or anything, as it could interfere with the function of the closer.
How to Install a Door Closer with Drop-Pin Attachment [1080p]
How to Install a Door Closer with Drop-Pin Attachment [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
40-006 In-swinging Door Bracket Installation
40-006 In-swinging Door Bracket Installation
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 40-077 storm door closer
How to install the 40-077 storm door closer
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.