SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

No window balance for non-tilt window

A quick learner from Las Vegas, NV says:
I just bought this house, built in 1990. I have one window that is a non-tilt, vertical lift, which is 36"w x 60"h. The window doesn't seem to have a balancer at all - nothing I can identify after looking at your videos. My first attached picture is looking down the same channel at the top of the moveable window. The second picture is looking up the right channel, which appears to have a stop at the top. Nothing else I see in the channel looks like a balancer exists, not even mounting screw holes.

The type of window appears to be what Home Depot calls "Prime-Line", from matching parts online. The window roller on your sight that matches my sliding windows is your part #87-155, which you associate with Krestmark. It is entirely possible that someone removed the balancer. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
User submitted photos of window.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for contacting us. If at all possible, could you please send some more pictures of the window sash? I would like to see the side that the balances would fit into, and the bottom and top of the sash itself. Thank you for your patience!
A quick learner from Las Vegas, NV says:
Attached are more pictures. If you need more, just ask. I replied in an email yesterday to a patio door roller identification. I added additional information, in that there is one other, small vertical lift window in the bathroom that has spiral balancers. Has the same stop at the top, so I would assume this window is the same. I also can't figure out how to get the window out - no additonal room to the sides and isn't like my other sliding windows that I can lift up and over the lower track. Thanks for you help.
Don
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. I think what my main question is, what is holding these windows up now, if they don't have balances? Do they drop after they've been open? It's possible you do have balances, and just don't recognize them. Are you even able to remove the sash from the window? You should look through our selection of Sash Support Balance Hardware and see if you recognize anything here.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)