SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Balance

A quick learner from Austin says:
Stamped on balance:
2790 BSI AK 31

It is 1/2" wide and 28" Long

The locks say Alenco
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, and thanks for posting. Looks like your top attachment is winged, while your bottom is not. Since this doesn't match any of our standard Series, your balance will have to be specially made.

Before I can work on that, though, I'll need to figure out what that bottom shoe is. Check out our 15-001 and 15-002 and tell me which is a closer match.
Comparison of <a href='http://www.swisco.com/Channel-Balance-Shoe/pd/Replacement-Sash-Support-Channel-Balance-Shoes/15-001'>15-001</a> & 15-002
A quick learner from Austin says:
Great, thanks! It would be the 15-002. How much would it be for 2 of these? If it works well, there are a number of other windows in our house that could use a replacement.

Cheers,
Brett
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great. Check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form and look it over. Now, we don't have a 2790 option, so I'm not sure exactly what you need. I believe your window weights between 30 and 33 pounds, so I've selected the 2760 option for you under that assumption. I recommend that you confirm that before you fill out the rest of the form, as it is fairly important. If you sash does not fall under that range, let me know and we can choose something better.

If 2760 will work, then simply fill out the rest of the information and submit the form. One of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
A handy person from Austin, TX says:
The two custom window balance worked great, thank you! I have multiple other windows, some with the same balances that I would also like to order. They are all custom like the first one, would you be able to work up a quote for:

Qty 2:
Channel Length: 28"
Channel Stamp: 2740 BSI EJ
Balance Top: 19-005
Balance Bottom: 15-002
Window Weight: 17 pounds

Qty 6 just like last ones
Channel Length: 28"
Channel Stamp: 2790 BSI AK 31
Balance Top: 19-005
Balance Bottom: 15-002
Window Weight: 30 pounds
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure thing! I'll supply two links below. Just follow the same procedure as before.

1) Balance stamped 2740 BSI EJ

2) Balance stamped 2790 BSI AK 31

We don't have a stamp option of 2790, so I had to switch the stamp option on the second balance to 2760. Don't worry, though, that is the perfect spring strength for a 30 pound sash.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)